Y’all, you’re too nice. Because you keep nominating me for these and I’m TERRIBLE at them. I’m going to do better! This time I was nominated by Waiting on Our Welcome who if you didn’t know is totes preg! Huzzah and Hooray!
So anyway, Liebster business. Super fun-let’s do it!
So the deal is this:
You get nominated-yay!
You link back to the original nominee. Done!
You answer their questions a la truth or dare minus the dare part. In progress:
1. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Urg. This is hard. Why does the first one have to be so hard? I have SO MANY FOODS that I love, but I also think I’d get tired of them very easily. The one food I can eat almost always without fail is Pizza, so that’s probably the safest. But since you said MEAL I’m also saying that even though I don’t drink Coke anymore, if I’m being penned into one MEAL forever, it’s going to include Coke. And chocolate cake for dessert.
2. If you were to die, but you would be reincarnated as an animal, which animal would you choose?
I feel like you’re asking me what my spirit animal is. The most boring and obvious answer is cat, but well fed and loved house cat please. I get quite jealous of my cats when I have to go to work, particularly on days that I am NOT. FEELING. IT. Plus-have you ever met an infertile cat? And if they exist do you think they care? No. They are beyond caring. Caring is for chumps.
3. What is your favorite movie snack?
I’m a big ole’ fan of straight up buttery popcorn, but Chief also likes to get those frozen icee thingies and I love those too.
4. When you indulge(and pretend your aren’t ttc) what do you indulge in?
Ummm…food? But that’s not the healthy answer. Chief and I love to shop. Or at least, I love to, and he seems to like my company, and usually sneaks in a trip to Sears to look at tools when we are out and about. I’m also a big gardener, but that’s of course seasonal.
5. What is your go to, have-to-have, article of clothing?
Cardigan! Gotta cover these pudgy arms at work, although I’m getting more comfortable with them when we’re out and about.
6. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grow up?
A performer of some sort. Singer, professional figure skater, or something. When I got to high school and realized that I hated performing, I moved on to band director, before I finally settled in to librarian. In preschool I was convinced I wanted to be a giraffe. It’s probably a short girl complex.
7. If a stranger gave you a million dollars, and said you would get another million to keep IF you donated the first million to a charity, what charity would it be?
Humane Society hands down. Easiest question so far.
8. What are you embarrased to enjoy?(tv-show, books, movies…etc)
Various ABC family television shows. Pretty Little Liars, Switched at Birth, but also Dance Moms (which isn’t on ABC Family). And I liked the Twilight books well enough, but I’m not embarrassed by it. Freedom to read what you want peeps!
You list 11 Random things about yourself: In progress
Hmm Eleven. That’s a random number. Seems like a lot. I’ll do my best.
1. I have had my girl baby name picked out since I was quite young, like late elementary early middle school. I’m not really afraid of anyone here “stealing it”, because even if you do name your baby that we don’t live near each other, and also, SOME BABIES HAVE THE SAME NAMES SO IT’S NOT A BIG DEAL. It’s Ella. My middle names are ever changing, but I picked Ella after reading Ella Enchanted, and it’s just always stuck.
2. My boy baby name is Ezra. Chief is not a fan, but has basically agreed that I’m doing the hard part, so he can agree to the name. Captain says that he got to pick the last name. I think it’s an excellent point.
3. My biggest pet peeve is probably lateness. I’ve always been an “if you’re not early you’re late” kind of person. I HATE running late.
4. I’m pretty hard on myself. Not just in TTC (although obviously there), but in everything. I don’t like making the littlest, most innocuous of mistakes, and especially at work I tend to apologize to the point of annoying people. I don’t know where this comes from, but it’s gotten worse since I’ve become an assistant manager. I just feel like I SHOULDN’T make mistakes. Like I should be above them. And Captain is like a walking encyclopedia of knowledge just in general, but especially about our job, so when I mess up simple things I feel especially dumb.
5. I tend to put too much stock into Karma. Like, if I don’t let someone over on the interstate (which I tend to do ONLY if they do that annoying thing where they hover but DON’T put their turn signal on. Just put your freaking signal on!) I’ll think “I’m not being nice enough, that’s why I’m not getting pregnant”. I KNOW IT’S RIDICULOUS, but I do it.
6. If Chief didn’t have some sense to keep it from happening, I’d probably have at least three more cats than I already have (four).
7. I haven’t read a “real book” since Chief bought me my Kindle last year before my surgery (July). I feel guilty about this.
8. I am a pretty good singer and piano player, but I hate performing. It’s a catch 22. Chief has never really heard me sing as a result. I will play for him, but it took me a while to get there.
9. I drink milk straight out of the carton if I think no one is looking.
10. I would ALWAYS rather take a bath than a shower. I like to lay back and let my hair flow out around me like a mermaid. It’s probably why I keep getting ear canal infections.
11. I really, really, REALLY want to pay someone to clean my house. Because god I hate it.
Nominate 3-5 bloggers with less than 200 followers:
1. So Ready For You
2. Meant to Be Mommy
3. Mama At Heart
And after you have your victims selected, you make up some questions for them!:
1. Is your partner the kind of person you thought you’d end up with?
2. What is your most favorite movie of all time-like, couldn’t live without it on a desert island kind of favorite.
3. If you could live anywhere else in the world where would it be?
4. If you had the option to never work again and have enough money in spite of this, would you take it?
5. Pants or Skirts-which is your preference?
6. Any funny birthmarks? Do you, like Albus Dumbledore, have a map of the London Underground on your knee?
7. What personal care item do you live and die by? An eyeliner? A shampoo? Tell me all your secrets.
8. What is your tried and true TTC disappointment coping technique. The world wants to know.
And that’s all she wrote!