No, not a pregnancy announcement. The two unpregnant ones of you out there can breathe again.
It’s one of those posts where I have to make myself feel better about not being pregnant. I do it occasionally. The recent rash in pregnancies around here has really kicked this girl while she’s down. Not y’all’s fault, just stating a fact.
So here is where I list the things that I can still do because I’m not pregnant/don’t have kids. If you’re pregnant and feel like this is in anyway hostile towards you IT’S NOT. I swear. That being said, if you’re already feeling that way, go ahead and stop reading. Cause ain’t nobody got time for hurt feelings. This is purely to boost myself up, not bring anyone else down. And it’s my blog damnit. So here’s my list:
1. Feel pretty good most of the time.
2. Do Zumba 3-4 times a week
3. Drink Coffee
4. Drink alcohol (normally I don’t, but man, I think it’s coming)
5. Air travel (1.5 weeks!)
6. Stay up all night watching crappy TV (having some insomnia issues lately).
7. Eat seafood, lunchmeat, soft cheese, and eleven million other things that will be ripped from me at some point when I get pregnant. WHEN, people. WHEN.
8. Lose weight (if my body lets me)
9. Do things spur of the moment
10. Take hot baths
11. Sleep in on the weekends
12. Spend my money on new clothes and things for ME.
11. Use my heating pad on my lower back (Zumba tweaked-heating pad makes it all better)
12. Plan a trip to San Francisco next year with my mom (!)
13. Drive fast in my car
14. Go to an all night party
15. Have a sleepover with my best friend (happening next weekend!)
There are more. But that’s enough. I think the interview went okay this morning, but I had a hard time getting a read on it. If they offered it to me I still have some pretty big salary and benefit contingencies to go over. I need $5000 more a year than they’re starting it at to make it worth my while. Also, I need the other benefits to at least be comparable to what I have now. And most importantly, they need to be a little flexible with my schedule. They said they want the manager there at 8:00 am, but on my RE days it would be more like 9:00 am, and I need to know that they can handle that. I’m not going to say that I’m seeing a fertility doc, just that I have a doctor I see a few times a month and it would prevent an 8:00 start on those days.
And again, that’s all contingent on them even offering me the job. So we’ll see. I didn’t sleep much last night being nervous about this, so I am ZONKED and ready for dinner and bed.