A lot of the time, if I’m honest with myself, I spend too much time thinking about what I don’t have, or what’s wrong with my life. A list of things I’ve thought of today for instance:
1. I can’t get pregnant
2. I could make more money so that I don’t have to work two jobs to (barely) afford treatments
3. I could work better hours (no saturdays or week nights)
4. My house could be fully remodeled, instead of only partially
5. I could live in a better neighborhood
6. I could be thinner
7. I could have a shorter commute
The list could go on and on. And it’s unfortunate, but sometimes I have to remember to be grateful for what I have. Tonight I have to work late unexpectedly because we’re just too short handed. I could be mad and cranky about this, except that my husband is bringing me dinner and my work out gear so I don’t have to miss Zumba. My boss is insisting I leave at 7:30 instead of 8:00 so I can still make Zumba. My coworker said she doesn’t mind being alone from 7:30 to 8:00. I have a great job, great friends, and a really great husband.
I don’t have a baby. I could have more money, a better house, a prettier body. But I have so much already.
Some remind me of this post if the test is negative in a few days.