I am a little cranky today. Last night Chief and I had a fight.
Really, what happened was that Chief said something in a tone of voice I didn’t appreciate, and I had a fight. Mostly with myself, because Chief doesn’t fight. Really. Hardly ever.
That damn cat that I love showed up again last night. She’d been missing for about two weeks although I knew she was coming around because the food kept getting eaten. But last night she was waiting for me. So I filled up the bowl and sat with her for about twenty minutes while she ate. When I finally decided I needed to go in she started crying and desperately wanted me to stay with her. MY MATERNAL INSTINCTS CAN’T HANDLE THIS SHIT.
I am convinced she’s either pregnant now, or going to become pregnant. And if she has kittens on my front porch I will probably die. Actually, what will really happen is that I’ll bring them into the house and Chief will divorce me.
So in the interest of keeping divorce out of the equation, I told him when he got home that if I could get her an appointment soonish to get fixed I was going to bring her in to live in our guest bathroom JUST until the appointment and then for the few days after that it would take for her to recover. Once the stitches are out (or dissolved, or whatever) she’d go back outside and she’d just be my outside cat. I can handle that. She seems perfectly content out there, other than the fact that I won’t move outside with her.
Chief was not enthused with this idea. He thinks I’m overreacting, and that IF she gets pregnant she’s not going to have them on our front porch.
My argument to this is two fold:
1) He has no way of knowing that. This cat freaking loves me.
2) I personally find it unacceptable to let there be a chance of MORE unwanted cats in the world, having MORE unwanted cats. So I’m willing to pay the $35 to fix her (our county subsidizes spay and neuters of stray cats-as long as you can catch them and get them there), not to mention the $30 for her shots. That’s a small price to pay in my opinion.
I know Chief thinks that if I bring her in the house he’ll never get rid of her. I don’t know what it’s going to take-maybe me putting it in writing or declaring it on facebook or something. I’m not keeping her in our house. I know I can’t do that. Damnit, i just want to keep her from having kittens.
But anyway, he had a bad attitude about my plan and it really pissed me off. So I didn’t want to speak to him. And I refused to eat dinner. Like a child. So I woke up in a foul, terrible mood. But damnit, I’m calling the county spay/neuter place and getting her an appointment. And hopefully she’ll come back and I’ll be able to get a hold of her.