32w2d OB appointment today:
1. Everything is so normal it’s just boring. I like it.
2. Dr. T said if she were to come in three weeks he wouldn’t stop her. WHOA.
3. He gave me a shot of betamethasone (steroid!) to help me get over this cold so PLEASE work steroid. I also ate a spicy chicken sandwich afterwards that has me feeling perkier for sure.
4. In two weeks (less than actually, Tuesday May 12th) we get to take a gander at our girl for the first time since 19 weeks and I’m DYING of anticipation. It’s like waiting for the 6 week ultrasound all over again!
5. We went over what situations he would do a c-section in:
- Positioning problems (basically, if she’s breech)
- Baby too big/momma too small
- Serious health issue (particularly cardiac) for either momma or baby
I have no problems with any of this. I’m not at all crunchy-I just want her out and for both of us to live through it and be okay. If she’s breech, she’s breech. I just want my girl. My mom was shocked-I was coming down “sunny side up” and her OB reached INSIDE and flipped me. When I told Dr. T that he said “No, sorry-but I don’t do that.” And I said “THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR.”
6. Oh-funny one I almost forgot. I wore a dress today (which I normally don’t do for OB appointments and I just wasn’t thinking this morning) so when he came in with the doppler he said “Oh let me get you a drape so we can preserve your modesty” and I said “Dr. T, three years of infertility treatments means I have no modesty left. Plus in a few months you’re going to see seven sides of me to Sunday.” And he said “Ok, but it’ll preserve MY modesty.”
Silly Dr. T.