I just spent a small fortune on foods to fatten up my baby and aid in the iron taking process:
- Sliced, smoked munster cheese to be wrapped up with thinly sliced prosciutto (if she doesn’t like this I won’t be THAT sad because I’ll love it). Nice and fatty.
- Full fat peanut butter for mixing into hot cereals, plus I’m hoping to find some good recipes to bake some sort of peanut butter bites with oats or something
- Whole organic milk
- Stonyfield baby yogurt. We’ve tried yogurt before and her feelings are mixed, but still worth a shot, right?
- 4% fat cottage cheese (this is the fattiest kind they make)
- Bagels and cream cheese for us to share
- Avocado to give that avocado smoothie thing a shot (I think I’ll have to order the blackstrap molasses-they didn’t have any)
- Feta cheese crumbles, full fat. I’m determined to make this baby like cheese. She really only likes cheese DIP so far and occasionally will pick at a grilled cheese sandwich, but that’s it.
- Orange juice to take her iron supplement with
- 12 pie pumpkins (this isn’t for Charlie, but they were on sale for $1.00 each and around Thanksgiving they’ll shoot up to about $5.00 each, so I’m going to roast them and puree them and freeze it until Thanksgiving and save ALL THE MONEY).
- A new straw cup because she put her mouth on it before I could stop her, so yeah. It’s ours now.
I’m sure I’ve forgotten something, but all of this rang up to a whopping $70.00 so it was time to back away from the panicked-mother induced shopping.