1. I am not the kind of person who can just wash her hair and let it air dry without looking like a homeless person. I’m pretty sure I knew this before, but I got it cut recently and added some cute Zooey Deschanel-esque bangs and thought I’d experiment. The answer is no. You must blow dry your hair. The end.
2. My husband is a suicidal maniac who has left the safety and warmth of our house with a desperate craving for a Subway sandwich. He also disapproved of all the things we could potentially cook for dinner so he’s going to the grocery store to get things so I can make baked ziti. All the neighborhood streets are solid ice. Nervous wife is nervous.
3. If we didn’t already have a Netflix subscription, we would have gotten one today, because daytime television on Saturday is even worse than it used to be. We tried to watch National Lampoons European Vacation (It was on-and I didn’t even know it existed!) and the actors for Audrey and Rusty were different! I object!
4. Our new couch is the comfiest piece of furniture in the world, as I have spent a lot of time on it. I should be working out, especially if I’m making baked ziti tonight (which I am 🙂 ). But damn, this couch is comfy.
5. My basset hound mix LOVES sliding around on the ice. She has a really good time every time I let her outside. And doesn’t seem bothered by a severe lack of traction. Probably because her body is so low to the ground.
6. Just because you SHOULD be cleaning and really don’t have an excuse not to since you are stuck in your home, doesn’t mean that you will clean. I reference point four.